Wild At Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild At Heart

Here You Can Be Anything You Want... Let Your Mind Run Wild!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dextra's excape!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:26 am

'I've been here for long enoght!' Dextra thought as he was takern into the next lab for testing. 'I'll put my excape plan to practise after this test.' Dextra had been captured and put in for testing in a lab, far from his home. It had been 2 weeks since his capture, and in them two weeks he had devised a plan to escape. And soon, after the testing was done, he would be useing it...
1 hour later, he was out of the testing lab, and he being was brought back to his small kennle quarters. It was then when he managed to break free; snap his halter and race to the doors. He got out and raced for a neerby forest.

Last edited by CatDog on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Fox sighed and lay in the warm sun on the soft leaves in the forest. Her tail flicked lazily as she lay there quietly. Suddenly she heard paws running, she jumped up and flattened her ears against her head ready to snap at whoever was going to get her. To her surprize she saw a wolf run past, further away than it sounded. The wolf looked as if it was running from something. Fox pricked her ears and yapped at this wolf, he didn't look mean, but then again you could never tell just form a distance. She wagged her tail excited about seeing another wolf. She hadn't seen one for a long time, it was like there were none around, it was weird. So seeing another wolf made Fox feel like she wasn't alone, finally.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:29 am

Dextra skided to a stop, digging his claws into the soft, leaf littered earth. He skidded around to face the other wolf. He yipped in surprise, unable to deside wether to be afraid or excited. Then he looked back frightfully towards the massive building. From outside, the large grey wolf could see the building was HUGE. It spanned on for at least a mile, made of fully white bricks. By now several men and women were rushing out of the main lab doors. Infact, they where the only doors Dextra could see from his angle. And he could see barely any windows.
"RUN!" He howled frantically as about 3 men ran forward with looped ropes attached to metal poles. "Run, don't let them catch you!"
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Fox looked in the direction Dextra was, she was surprised at how big the building was herself. She hadn't relized how close she had come to humans, she hated them. As people came out of the building, she pinned her ears flat against her head and growled then spun around and ran along side Dextra. She kept glancing backwards, her ears still tightly pinned against her head. She then flicked her cute eyes onto Dextra. "Interesting way to meet!" she said with a smile. "Hi, I'm Fox!" she said, flicking her tail in a slight wag.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 am

"Very interesting," Dextra replied back, running around a thorn bush and into a dark cave of rocks. "In here. The humans come no where near here. Most other animals don't either." Dextra stopped and turned back, looking at Fox. "It is safe," he added, then continued, "I'm Dextra. I come from 'The Great Highland'." He paused, and added once more, "The place is unknown here."
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Fox followed Dextra into the cave and then stopped beside him, she tilted her head a bit confused. "Why does no one else come here?" she asked, looking around the cave quickly, then back at him. "And its a pleasure to meet you Dextra from the great highlands! I have never been to the highlands.. Whats it like?" she added with a smiled, and a flick of her big bushy tail. Fox sat down and watched him with interest.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 pm

"I don't know, but alot of wolves have called it their home," Dextra replied, looking around himself. Dextra gave a wave of his own tail, then lay down, his head against the cool rocks. "There are thousands of wolves back in that building, and they all talk. Infact, in every building i've been in. I've been everywhere, from the sandy desert to the grand forrest; the salty oceans and salt lakes alike, hot, dry plains to freezing artic tundra; any where they do animal reaserch. But, where I was born and grew up..."
Dextra paused for a time, with closed eyes, as if trying to remember a dream which happened long ago, almost forgotten, but just hanging into his memory with a single thread of everylasting hope. Then he continued. "The Great Highland, it is a place very high, at the peak of a mountain. It stretches far down the mountain, almost to the bottom. At the bottom you're greated by a forrest of cherry tress, maple trees, willow trees, all the beautifulest trees in the world.
"There in a river falling down the mountain, waterfalling over the ledges, all the way to the bottom, where it spreads out around the mountain, making a large lake around it. Many animals live there; there is plenty food for animals such as deer, rabbits and mountain goats, which make plenty food for the other animals, bears, foxes and, wolves.
"The mountain's name is, is..." Dextra opened his eyes and tried to think. It was a long time since he had used, let alone heard, that name. "It's, Mount Sabernce. All the animals which live there called it the Great highland, or The Haven. That's what Sabernce means; The Haven. It is a haven for all animals; well was, untill the humans came and got animals for testing."

Dextra stopped and sat up, looking out of the cave. Fright and sadness dulled his yellow eyes, and in the coner of his eye, a tear was forming. "That was 4 years ago. I was just a pup, when I got taken away."
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:50 am

Fox's ears twirled and twitched as she listened to Dextra tell her about this amazing land. She smiled, "It sounds amazing, seriously. I wished I could have seen it, or possibly even go see it now! Everything sounds like a dream any animal could ever want!" she said excitedly, now really wanting to go and vist the place, or even live there. "Would you like to take me to this place?" she asked curiously, hoping he would say yes. Her tail wagged like crazy and she stood up, she took a step closer to him from excitement, wanting him to say he could.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:04 am

Dextra looked at Fox. His eyes shone; they were wet. "When I was taken, I wasn't alone. There was a girl, a pup like me. I was hunting when we were shot; the hunters took both of us. The other wolf was a timber wolf, and she was my only friend. Crystal, her name was. About a year ago, she managed to escape. But back there, in the sandy desert, the people didn't come out with rope and poles. They had, had..." He turned his head away, and sobbed. Dextra didn't cry; he was a tough wolf. But Crystal was special. "Guns." He wispered lightly, laying down with his head between his paws, weeping. "All I heard was the bang, and a blood chilling yelp, which seemed crossed with a howl. After that, all I saw was a few people carrying a black bag, full of something.
"I later was told by others my kennel-mate was burnt. Knowing that, I went crazy, and so I was transported to other places, but I was allways shiped out again, mainly because I couldn't handle being in the research buildings without Crystal." Dextra stopped again, turning to Fox. By now, tears streamed down his furry cheeks. "She was my mate. I don't know if I could handle being back in The Great Highlands, though of course, I would be able to pay respects to Crystal. She always told me, before she was shot, that if I got out without her, to run, run back and enjoy it so much for both of us. She also told me to tell her family that she was OK and coming home. But even if I wanted to go back, I don't know where we are, and how to get to Sabernce."
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Fox could see how Dextra was so upset, she stood up and padded over to him quietly and then nudged his neck gently. "Hey, its going to be okay.. As your mate said, go back. I think it might help you if you go back, for Crystal." she said, watching his face, then nudged him again, trying to comfort him, but knew she probably wasn't. Letting out a soft sigh, Fox lay down in front of him. "The lab sounds horrible, so do the humans that catch the wolves and work at the place. They should have no right to shot a helpless wolf." she said growling softly as she talked about the humans. "Someone needs to put a sign or something up saying your not aloud to collect animals or shot them in the Highlands.." Fox added quickly. "So you have been in Labs for your whole life bascially?" she asked, kinda remembering he had said something like that earlier. "I'll help you return to Sabernce.. Even though I have no idea where it is!" she giggled quietly.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:35 am

Dextra stopped and looked up at Fox. He stopped sobbing, knowing that she was trying to comfort him. Smiling, he said, "Yes, I guess I would like to go back. I haven't been there for 4 years, yes. But, i'de have to know where we are." He looked at Fox, knowing that she wanted to go the Great Highlands. "If you can tell me, i'll do all I can to find a way back. I know you want to go too, Fox."

Then Dextra paused and looked about. "Does it ever snow here?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Fox smiled warmly, then sat up. She tilted her head and looked away from Dextra for a second, then looked back at him and nodded. "Yes, in winter it does, but we are in summer." she told him, as she remembered the cold, dark, lonely, horrible winter that she had just been through. "You wanna know where we are right?" she said, suddenly remembering the name of the place they were in. She never remembered names just because she never needed to as she always lived alone. "We are in Silent Place. Its usually very silent around this area, but the wild dangerous animals still come around. Not many humans come here, even though their building is right over there.. They think its to close and that no animals they want would be in there.. I nearly got caught from them once, but just managed to get away. They have never tried finding me again, thank goodness!" she said taking a breath then carried on "So does that help you Dextra?" Fox asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:17 am

"Yes, very helpful." Dextra said, then walked over to a sandy patch in the cave. He stood infrount of it and, with one claw on his right hand, Dextra started to draw a map. At the top of the sand-map he drew a large mountain and marked it with a big 'X'. To the east of the mountain he drew many little hills with lines over them, and labled them with a 'D'. To the west of the mountain he drew many more mountains and big hills, then labled them with a 'M'. Below the mountain he drew a multiple squigly lines and some pretty large dots, not to big but big enough to stand out, and labled that area with an 'S'. Below the 'S' marked area, Dextra drew a large, thick forrest area with a large, plain space in the middle, and labled the forrest area 'F' and the plain area 'P'.

Then he stepped back and sat down, admiring his work. Dextra finally stepped back to the sand area after a time and drew a small forrest at the very end of the sand area, and a rectangle shape next to it, lableing it with a big 'S'. Then he turned to Fox.

"According to your information, Fox, on the slang name of this place, I've made a map of the way." Dextra looked back at the map. "Every wolf i've met has told me about the area I was in at the time. Now, using all that information, i'm abouit to make a map." Dextra pointed to the S marked forrest at the bottom with the claw he had used to draw the sand-map. "We are here," Dextra said. "The S marks 'Start'. Here is the 'Great Highland', the biggest hill in this land." He pointed to the X marked hill. "To get there, we must first past through F, the Thick Forrest, then P, the Plains, and again through F." Dextra moved his paw around the area. "That'll be quite hard, since we'll have to avoid humans and, on top of them, their machinery and their animals, we'll have to avoid other animals like bears and leopads. Once we get there, we must swim through S for sea or, as a slang version, the 'Great waters', where we will only so often be able to rest on the small islands." He moved his paw around the squigly lined area, and around the big dots. "The best way to pass is through here," He moved his paw up along the sea where many dots where. "That'll lead us to the M area, which stands for mountains. We'll have to make it through there, but that's something i'm experienced at. I know how to get through there.
"After that, we'll have made it to Saberce," Dextra finished, bringing his paw back after he had moved it over the X marked mountain. "If there are humans there, we'll be able to run into the dessert. That's why I marked that out too." Dextra quickly pointed to the D marked area. "I know some great hiding spots there."

Dextra closed his eyes and smiled. "Ahh, yes. I'de love to be back at the Great Highlands. Especialy at my cave. More specifically my families cave. They got killed, along with many others." Dextra lost his smile. "But the cave will remind me of them all. Home." He looked at Fox. "You can live there too, Fox. From the cave you can see all the way to here, all over the land. It has the most wonderful view." Dextra's tail gave a single wag. "It's lovely and warm, well, I think. I can't completely remember. But I know that it's warmer than most places that high." Dextra stopped and looked around, all around the cave. It was pretty large. "Yes, It was about half this size. Mayby a quater smaller. It's very cozy. And, like I said, kept my family warm, especially since that high up, it snowed most the year. Beutiful, white, snow."
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Fox listened and watched intently, "Wow!" she said at how good his map was, she hadn't even known all that exstisted. she had hardly ever gone away form this area, there was plently of food for her here so why should she move. "Awesome, I didn't even know all that exsitisted!" she told Dextra with a warm smile and a small wag of her tail. "I'm use to dodging humans and keeping away from them, so that won't be to hard.." Fox said, then looked at him shocked "Swim?" she asked. She hadn't been in deep water for ages, she only ever really went in shallow water. "Wow! Your cave sounds awesome, so can't wait to see everything! When do we get started?" she asked, excitedly.

(So sorry my posts aint as long as yours xD)
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Dextra sighed. "There's two ways to get by in life. They're be fast or be smart. When your not athletic, you have to get good at this stuff." Dextra turned to Fox annd smiled again. "And yes, why would you need to go anywhere if there was plenty food where you lived. Now, swimming," Dextra walked around the cave, his head up, looking at the roof. "The great water is quite long, and you'll have to be quite good at swimming. It's fun, actually, and we'll be able to catch fish." Turning back to Fox, Dextra continued. "It's a long journey to the Great Highlands, but it's worth it. When we go, now I think the best time to go would be spring. But summer's just begun, so if we hurried we'd make it. Only, the journey would be long, so I suggest that we stay here for about a week and pack on the kilos.

"So, what do you get to eat around here; they don't feed you to well in the labs." Dextra headed towards the cave's opening. When he got there he trotted outside to see if the humans had gone. He didn't see them, so he sniffed. He did smell them, so he listened. WIithout hearing them, Dextra called back. "They're gone, Fox," He turned around and wagged his tail about.

(lol, it's OK, i like to post long posts anyway. It gives me something to do =]).
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Fox thought about what he said, then a smile spread across her face, "Thats a cool way of putting it, never thought of it, how there are only two ways in life! I guess I'm kinda dumb!" she said giggling, feeling dumb for not thinking of something like that. Fox watched Dextra walk around the cave with interest, he was rather cool and funny. "Wow it does sound fun, fishing! I like fish, they are good!" she said laughing again, and stood up wagging her tail. As he asked what they eat around here, she smiled, "Well seeing as I have never actually ever shared this forest with anyone, there is plently to eat. One Wolf can't catch everything! There is deer, rabbits, birds, and many more!" she said then watched him walk out the entrance of the cave then lokoed around to see if it was all clear then called her over. She yipped happily and bounced over to him and out of the cage. She stopped and lifted her nose to the air, she hoped to catch a scent of deer somewhere.

(Thats all good lol, keep it up, i like reading long posts!! haha. I can usually post long as ones, so dunno why I aint!! lol xD)
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:28 am

Dextra sniffed but didn't catch much at all. He walked around with his head to the ground, looking for any tracks he could. Then he saw a group of large, Red Deer tracks. "Over here, Fox!" He called ecitedly, his tail wagging like mad as climbing a small rock hill. At the top he looked around. Yes, on the other side there where plenty Red deer. One stag was massive; he had a grand rack of antlers, not to mention was VERY fat. "They've rolled in water, we couldn't smell them," he turned to Fox. "I've got a plan.
"I'll head down left, skirting around them. You run down this rock hill, and chase them down that path." Dextra motioned towards a gravel road, leading, as they could see, to a dead end. "I'll jump out of the bushes as the stag aproches, annd we'll be full for a week!
"Good plan?" He asked when he was over.
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Fox bounced after Dextra, as he climbed up the hill, her tail going like mad as well. She smiled as she suddenly looked down and saw all the deer, she liked the look of that stag, just like Dextra. As he rattled off his plan, she nodded her head, his plan was real good. She waited for Dextra to leave and get in position before she leap off the hill and begain chasing them. Her tongue lolled out the side of her mouth excitedly, while her tail was going too. Her sharp eyes glued to the deer incase they moved suddenly.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 pm

When the deer where near, Dextra, with his tail waving back and forward so fast it was just visible, jumped out of the bushes. As the buck was in the lead he was the first to hit the wolf. Dextra bit at his neck with a strong force of anger and ecitment; all those years of frozen meat, and now he was hunting fresh food. With his sudden force the massive buck crashed to the ground, tripping a smaller, younger buck, which fell face first into the dirt and broke it's neck on impact. Dextra fell beneath the buck and was crushed as other leapt on and over them; many falling over, few clearing them.
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Fox watched Dextra take down the big buck, but then tripped up the smaller one, she smiled, then noticed Dextra under the deer as others stood on and jumped over him. She screamed, knowing that he wouldn't be able to stand such force. She barked like mad at the deer and ran in the middle of them. making them spit up up and go around the two fallen deer, while the others that tripped managed to get up and be on their way. She barked again and then grabbed the big buck in her teeth and slowly inch by inch dragged it off Dextra. "Dextra!" she yipped, and ran to him and started nuzzling him, "Get up!" she said sadly. She hoped he wasn't dead. She lay down next to him nuzzling his face and neck.
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 am

"Awrrrw," Dextra groaned with his eyes closed. He opened them and looked at Fox. "Ouch."
Back to top Go down
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Fox sighed a sigh of relief as he said 'ouch'. "Thank goodness your alive!" she said standing up and wagging her tail as she nuzzled his neck, happy he was awake. She sat down and watched him. "We have two deer!" she said giggling. "I think we will get full pretty fast!" she added, with a cute smirk.
Back to top Go down
LiveYourDreams
Admin
LiveYourDreams

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Can I please join with mai 2 wolves Visions and Viper?]
Back to top Go down
https://wildatheart.rpg-board.net
Chester

Chester

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 pm

(Go for it CD!! xD)
Back to top Go down
CatDog

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 am

Don't hesitate CD. Just adding, i'm pretty sure we normally do one post each a day? On average anyway.)

Dextra got up and shook. "Thanks," he said smiling and nuzzling Fox back. "I guess when I get more up and hunting i'll swing back into my normal hunting way." Then he headed over to deer and started to eat the older buck. They where digging in when Dextra picked up a noise in the bushes. He turned and started to growl lowly, ready to defend himself and his meal, as he was quite hungry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dextra's excape! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dextra's excape!   Dextra's excape! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dextra's excape!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wild At Heart :: Wolves-
Jump to: